About Me

On September 1, 2010 my sweet little muppethead, KiraDog, died. She was diagnosed with Cushings disease in November 2009 and it finally gave way to heart disease and liver failure. I knew I needed another dog to fill the void in my heart and my home so I worked with Furbaby Rescue (where Kira came from) and was gently encouraged to meet a particular dog in need of a forever home. On September 10, 2010 I adopted Conor. . . . This is his story.

About Me (and really, when you think about it, it IS all about ME):

Conor: Gender: Masculine; Usage: Irish, English, Irish Mythology; Pronounced: KAHN-…ôr (English): Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Conchobhar which means "dog lover" or "wolf lover" also "lover of hounds". It has been in use in Ireland for centuries and was the name of several Irish kings.

Hi everyone!

My name is Conor. Well, it used to be Bumper but my mom thought it was as silly name (and in a way, so did I) for a grown-up puppy so she re-named me Conor. Conor, now that's a good strong manly-man Irish name, don't you think? I'm quite proud of it myself :-)

Anyway, I'm a "Liver" coloured Shih Tzu and I was about 2 1/2 years old when I was adopted (Mom says my Birthday is July 4, 2008! She's not 100% sure of the right date, but that's the day she picked). I have allergies and have to be careful (pfft!) about what I eat - no wheat, grains, or beef allowed. I'm a rambunctious guy who always seems to find trouble, er...toys, to play with. I like watching the world around me from my perch in the kitchen bay window and love my mom to bits - and even though he didn't really like me much, I also miss SirWillyCat a little.

Characters in my life:

  • Aunt Jo and Uncle Dale: Mom and Aunt Jo have been friends for almost 30 years, since high school. Aunt Jo is a pet person and raised both her kids to love animals. Uncle Dale, having grown up on a farm, had to be converted a little bit.
  • Aunt Diane: Mom's friend and (retired) co-worker. Aunt Diane lives a few doors away from us and we sometimes go to her place for a visit.
  • Miss Eleni: Founder of Furbaby Rescue
  • Miss Nicole: A Furbaby adopter who has two puppers to call her own. She lives in a different town, but close enough to mom they could visit (if their schedules ever let them!) Miss Nicole loves hearing my stories :-)
  • Miss Vanja: Met mom through Furbaby Rescue. They haven't met in person 'cause she lives far away.
  • VetLady: Dr. I. Elizabeth Borgmann, founder of the Whatcom Road Veterinary Clinic
  • Willy: (aka SirWillyCat): Adopted January 7, 1994. Willy died on January 24, 2011. He was 17 1/2 years old.

Friday, September 17, 2010

I got the whole (almost) house today :-D

This morning mom took me for a mini-walk and I peed again (don't know what the big deal is, this is getting easy!) and as promised yesterday, mom didn't use the kennel today.  She did use a baby gate to block me from going upstairs to play with Willy, though.

After getting ready for work, mom threw some treats on the living room floor and raced down to the garage as if to leave without me.  I raced her to the door 'cause the heck if she was going to go anywhere exciting without me!  She brought me back upstairs and said I had to STAY.  I tried.  I really tried.  But I ended up barking at the door to the garage 'cause I really didn't want to be alone.  Mom ignored me and went to work anyway.

Mom didn't set up the video camera today to see what kind of mischief I get into while she's away and I'm not going to incriminate myself by telling.  Suffice it to say, I had a belly band on and I soaked the pad and there was a small puddle at the top of the stairs when mom came home.  She never said a word, just cleaned it up.

Oh, I forgot to say the best part:  Mom set up an ottoman under the kitchen window (faces the road) and put a blankey there.  When she drove up to the garage after work, I was peeking over the window sill and watched mom as she park the car; she actually looked up and waved to me!  I then met her downstairs at the garage door.  Oh, I was so excited to see her!  My tail was wagging so hard and my butt was bouncing back and forth so much, I fell down twice!  We went into the backyard but I didn't pee.  Later we went for our "Let's Go!"  I was hoping to see Molly again, but I guess we missed her.  I checked my peemail, replied, and pooped so I should be OK until morning.

Mom says she wants to sleep in until at least 10 tomorrow - I'll let you know tomorrow if I let her.  She told me tonight if the weather is good she wants to "putter" in the garden.  I'm going to help her "putter" too...as soon as I figure out what "putter" means, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment