About Me

On September 1, 2010 my sweet little muppethead, KiraDog, died. She was diagnosed with Cushings disease in November 2009 and it finally gave way to heart disease and liver failure. I knew I needed another dog to fill the void in my heart and my home so I worked with Furbaby Rescue (where Kira came from) and was gently encouraged to meet a particular dog in need of a forever home. On September 10, 2010 I adopted Conor. . . . This is his story.

About Me (and really, when you think about it, it IS all about ME):

Conor: Gender: Masculine; Usage: Irish, English, Irish Mythology; Pronounced: KAHN-ər (English): Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Conchobhar which means "dog lover" or "wolf lover" also "lover of hounds". It has been in use in Ireland for centuries and was the name of several Irish kings.

Hi everyone!


My name is Conor. Well, it used to be Bumper but my mom thought it was as silly name (and in a way, so did I) for a grown-up puppy so she re-named me Conor. Conor, now that's a good strong manly-man Irish name, don't you think? I'm quite proud of it myself :-)

Anyway, I'm a "Liver" coloured Shih Tzu and I was about 2 1/2 years old when I was adopted (Mom says my Birthday is July 4, 2008! She's not 100% sure of the right date, but that's the day she picked). I have allergies and have to be careful (pfft!) about what I eat - no wheat, grains, or beef allowed. I'm a rambunctious guy who always seems to find trouble, er...toys, to play with. I like watching the world around me from my perch in the kitchen bay window and love my mom to bits - and even though he didn't really like me much, I also miss SirWillyCat a little.

Characters in my life:

  • Aunt Jo and Uncle Dale: Mom and Aunt Jo have been friends for almost 30 years, since high school. Aunt Jo is a pet person and raised both her kids to love animals. Uncle Dale, having grown up on a farm, had to be converted a little bit.
  • Aunt Diane: Mom's friend and (retired) co-worker. Aunt Diane lives a few doors away from us and we sometimes go to her place for a visit.
  • Miss Eleni: Founder of Furbaby Rescue
  • Miss Nicole: A Furbaby adopter who has two puppers to call her own. She lives in a different town, but close enough to mom they could visit (if their schedules ever let them!) Miss Nicole loves hearing my stories :-)
  • Miss Vanja: Met mom through Furbaby Rescue. They haven't met in person 'cause she lives far away.
  • VetLady: Dr. I. Elizabeth Borgmann, founder of the Whatcom Road Veterinary Clinic
  • Willy: (aka SirWillyCat): Adopted January 7, 1994. Willy died on January 24, 2011. He was 17 1/2 years old.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hey, I've been busy!

Mom reminded me tonight I need to write my blog.  She makes it sound like fun, but sometimes it feels like a chore.  Kinda like writing out Christmas cards, right mom?  RIGHT?  (In case you're wondering, mom hasn't even started her Christmas cards yet!  Only 6 days to go and they certainly won't make it in time, but she keeps putting it off anyway.  I've tried to tell her to get on it, but she keeps finding other chores to so instead.  I'm not even going to bother telling you the disaster that buying presents has become.  Mom said she's giving up completely on that front).  I gots a card from Buddy and Penny, though!  Hey mom, if even Buddy and Penny can send me a card, surely you can write a few to your family and friends, you know!

I've been busy helping mom decorate the house with tons and tons of lights for Christmas.  The outdoor lights are up and set on a timer, all the windows on the main level are trimmed with lights; the front window has garland and swag lights hanging.  A few days ago we were out for our evening stroll when a neighbour stopped mom to say I did a great job hanging all the lights - he said he likes looking out his window and seeing my house all lit up.  Of the four "streets" in our complex, there's really only one where all the neighbours go all out.  On our side us and the across-the-street neighbours are really the only ones who've decorated with any gusto.  The moisy, obnoxious neighbours next door have one string of icicle lights along the eaves over the garage door.  Still better than nothing I s'pose.

OH!  Mom wants me to make sure to tell everyone I haven't touched the tree At All!  It's not even blocked off or anything :-)

Mom made me an appointment with the groomer for this coming Wednesday.  She said she's going to come home at lunch to pick me up then will get me back after work.  I told mom I would try my hardest to be a Very Good Boy while there.  Mom's given me enough baths that she knows I'm very good.  She made sure that they have anti-allergy shampoo and while they still use a blow dryer, they have a cool air dryer and seeing as how I'm going to be there for a few hours, I should be able to air dry too.

Tonight I was mucking around after our "Let's go!" and mom took some early "before" pics, mostly to show Miss Eleni how much my hair has grown back!  I'm starting to get a few matts down by my butt, though.  Mom brushes me a lot, but it's to a point where she can't keep up.  That, and the hair hanging down my face Drives Me Nuts!




That's me waiting for mom to put down the flashy thing so I can jump up on my chair.
Got up on my chair and mom is still flashing the camera at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment