About Me

On September 1, 2010 my sweet little muppethead, KiraDog, died. She was diagnosed with Cushings disease in November 2009 and it finally gave way to heart disease and liver failure. I knew I needed another dog to fill the void in my heart and my home so I worked with Furbaby Rescue (where Kira came from) and was gently encouraged to meet a particular dog in need of a forever home. On September 10, 2010 I adopted Conor. . . . This is his story.

About Me (and really, when you think about it, it IS all about ME):

Conor: Gender: Masculine; Usage: Irish, English, Irish Mythology; Pronounced: KAHN-ər (English): Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Conchobhar which means "dog lover" or "wolf lover" also "lover of hounds". It has been in use in Ireland for centuries and was the name of several Irish kings.

Hi everyone!


My name is Conor. Well, it used to be Bumper but my mom thought it was as silly name (and in a way, so did I) for a grown-up puppy so she re-named me Conor. Conor, now that's a good strong manly-man Irish name, don't you think? I'm quite proud of it myself :-)

Anyway, I'm a "Liver" coloured Shih Tzu and I was about 2 1/2 years old when I was adopted (Mom says my Birthday is July 4, 2008! She's not 100% sure of the right date, but that's the day she picked). I have allergies and have to be careful (pfft!) about what I eat - no wheat, grains, or beef allowed. I'm a rambunctious guy who always seems to find trouble, er...toys, to play with. I like watching the world around me from my perch in the kitchen bay window and love my mom to bits - and even though he didn't really like me much, I also miss SirWillyCat a little.

Characters in my life:

  • Aunt Jo and Uncle Dale: Mom and Aunt Jo have been friends for almost 30 years, since high school. Aunt Jo is a pet person and raised both her kids to love animals. Uncle Dale, having grown up on a farm, had to be converted a little bit.
  • Aunt Diane: Mom's friend and (retired) co-worker. Aunt Diane lives a few doors away from us and we sometimes go to her place for a visit.
  • Miss Eleni: Founder of Furbaby Rescue
  • Miss Nicole: A Furbaby adopter who has two puppers to call her own. She lives in a different town, but close enough to mom they could visit (if their schedules ever let them!) Miss Nicole loves hearing my stories :-)
  • Miss Vanja: Met mom through Furbaby Rescue. They haven't met in person 'cause she lives far away.
  • VetLady: Dr. I. Elizabeth Borgmann, founder of the Whatcom Road Veterinary Clinic
  • Willy: (aka SirWillyCat): Adopted January 7, 1994. Willy died on January 24, 2011. He was 17 1/2 years old.

Friday, December 24, 2010

One more sleep!

TornadoConor:  OH BOY! OH BOY!  OH BOY! OH BOY!  OH BOY! OH BOY! *TripStumble/Recover* OH BOY! OH BOY!  OH BOY! OH BOY!  OH BOY! OH BOY!

There a present under da tree just for MEEEEEEeeeeeee!  I know it's for me, I kin sniff it and it smells like doggy stuff!  Mom says I can't open it it until tomorrow morning so just one more sleep 'til I get my pressie!

Mom said we're going to visit Aunt Diane tomorrow then mom is going to see Miss Sherry.  I can't visit with Miss Sherry 'cause they have a doggy that might not like me and it's not fair to Miss Lily to have an interloper in her house.  Mom says after opening my pressie then visiting with Aunt Diane I might be too tired to go out again anyway.  I hope to have a belly full of turkey and mashed potato so I can nap while mom goes a-visitin'.

I really like this Christmas thing!  The house is all decorated, the tree is big and bright with lights, all the other houses are lit up when we go for our "Let's Go", turkey dinner and mashed potato in with my kibble, and there's a pressie for me under the tree.

Mom told me to think for a moment of all the doggies that don't have a person to love them or a warm, dry home and extra turkey in their kibble.  I was never really homeless; I had two homes before this one, but THIS is my Forever Home!  (Unless the turkey runs out, then it's a case of, "hey mom!  I'm soooo out of here!")

Merry Christmas to Miss Nicole, Miss Eleni, Miss Vanja (and her gaggle of puppers!), Aunt Diane, Miss Lorraine, Aunt Josephine, Uncle Dale...Aw heck, Merry Christmas to EVERYone!!!!!  Kisses/licks/four paws up!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too!!! Hope Conor's first Christmas in his forever home is the very best ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Christmas. Doggie. Ever! What an amazingly good boy; he met so many 'strangers' today at my friends' place and was good good good! He certainly impressed everyone with his gentle demeanor, barely begged at dinner, and was social while staying out of every ones way. He was so well behaved he's invited back 'any time he wants!' Good Boy, Conor - extra turkey in your kibble tomorrow for sure now :-)

    ReplyDelete